RAD READING – October

This month I read a book called Legend by Marie Lu. In this book there are two characters and the book alternates their perspectives. The Republic has control of where both characters live and the Colonies are fighting the Republic. The republic has divided their civilization into sectors. The first character, Day is living in a poor sector and his brother Eden is diagnosed with the plague. Day is a wanted criminal known for sabotage against the Republic. When Day sets out to get the medicine he stabs someone on the shoulder on his way out. The other character, June is a Republic girl. Her brother Metias is thought to be killed by Day and she begins a hunt to capture the criminal. How will the book finish?

I spent a lot of free time reading this book. The book is very intense and epic and I really enjoyed it. I definitely recommend this book. My favorite character in this book is Day because he is brave. On pg. 297 the text states, “‘Why did he do it?’ I shout. ‘It should have been me!’” This quote is when Day discovers that John has sacrificed himself to make the Republic think that Day is dead. This shows that Day is brave because he is willing to sacrifice himself too save John.

My favorite quote from the book is “‘Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything’s possible again.’” (304) This quote is meaningful to me because even though Day is a Republic criminal he still has a good way of seeing things. This quote occurs when June asks Day about his name.

2 thoughts on “RAD READING – October

1. I have read the second and third book of this trilogy, but I skipped the first because I didn’t see it. I bet this book is eventful and intense like book two and three.