RAD READING – February

This month I read a book called The Rules by Paul Orton. In this book the main character is Ryan Jacobs. Ryan is a kid who loves technology and try’s to do a dare to hack into some of the military’s top secret information. However, things quickly become real bad for Ryan when military agents show up at his house and take him into custody. When Ryan receives a second chance at a secret school called Devonmoor Academy. Will Ryan succeed with a new opportunity or will he end up being sent to a military prison?

I would definitely recommend this book. This book is really good because it keeps you involved with all of the challenges Ryan faces at the academy. I picked this book because my mom bought it for me. My favorite character in this book is Lee because he is very friendly to Ryan. On page 40 the text states, “Ryan softened a little at the sacrifice Lee was willing to make.” This quote is when Ryan receives a bad breakfast and Lee trades him his good breakfast. This shows that that Lee will make sacrifices for Ryan because that is how much his friendship means to him.

My favorite quote from the book is “‘Yeah well I’m glad you did what you did,’ replied Lee. ‘It’s nice to know how much you care.’” (176) This quote is meaningful to me because it shows that Ryan and Lee have became really good friends and it shows they will both make sacrifices in order to maintain a good friendship. This quote occurs when Ryan gives fake highly valuable data to a fake U.S. enemy to save Lee’s life.